Useful Websites for Lesson Plans, Organizations, and more
- Myths and Legends
- A website for students, teachers, and all those who enjoy stories and storytelling. Myths and Legends offers a variety of traditional stories and stories created and sent in from around the world. This website also provides a guide and resources to teachers to assist with creating stories with their students.
- Story Arts
- StoryArts.org provides several storytelling lesson plans and activities (indexed).
Local Professional Development Organizations and Programs for Schools
- Timpanogos Storytelling
- The Timpanogos Storytelling Institute promotes language and literacy in schools. In collaboration with the Orem Public Library, we continue to bring storytelling experiences to our children locally. The school outreach program makes it possible for students to experience exceptional educational and cultural events. We have been able to place national storytellers in many schools for once-in-a-lifetime educational programs that students would never otherwise experience. And now, at our Timpanogos Storytelling Conference and through the National Youth Storytelling Showcase (NYSS), the next generation of storytellers are learning the art of storytelling.
- Weber State Storytelling Festival
- “Once upon a time…” is alive and well at the Weber State University Story Telling Festival, a delightful, once-a-year event that you won’t want to miss! Held the last weekend in February, there is something for everyone, preschool to senior citizen, college students to families with children of all ages. The storytellers will capture your hearts and create an unforgettable experience in literacy, culture, and the arts!
- Storyteaching Symposium/Workshops