- When: Saturday, March 4 from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Where: University of Utah – Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts and Education Complex – 1720 Campus Center Drive, University of Utah
- What: ArtsLINK is a conference for University students who would like to gain skills in teaching and working alongside elementary school age children in the arts. The focus is arts integration. Participants will rotate through theater, dance, visual/media arts, and musicworkshops. The conference provides the book the workshops are built from, each lesson plan, a bag, breakfast, and lunch. Since the conference is open to College of Fine Arts and College of Education students from across the state, participants will have the opportunity to network and meet new colleagues.
- The conference is free, but we need committed students who will show up once they register.
- Space limited to 100 students statewide
- For more information and to register, click here or copy and paste this link in your browser: http://finearts.utah.edu/artslink
What you can expect to learn while rotating through all four art forms theatre, dance, music, and visual arts:
- Content Knowledge—the basic elements of arts integration
- Implementation—experience collaborative planning and the mechanisms required to develop effective arts integrated curricula
This FREE conference Includes:
- Lesson plans